Updated August 31, 2019 – Original Post
A piece of advice for planning out your meals is to create a list of your family’s favorite meals. That way when you get stuck on creating a menu, you can refer back to the list.
Not only will it help you menu plan, you can also make certain you have the ingredients for some of the meals on hand if what you had planned for dinner does not pan out. I know there are days I don’t feel like cooking. If I had meals ready to go, I would less likely stop at a fast food restaurant on the way home from work.
I’m going to share my list of 20 meals that my hungry boys and Hubby enjoy eating. Some of my meals can be frozen or portions can be frozen ahead of time which helps.
The ideas in bold print can be made from items that can be stocked up in the freezer, fridge, or pantry.
- tacos – Make ahead and freeze.You’ll only need to get items to top the tacos. (The Youngest’s favorite meal)
- sausage and mac & cheese – A very inexpensive meal and one I can keep on hand. (It’s a family favorite meal.)
- chicken nuggets and French fries – If I get both of those items at Aldi’s, it’s a budget friendly meal. I can keep the food on hand. I priced it out at about $3 for a meal if you use half of each bag at a time.
- Quesadillas – These are quick meals to eat on busy nights. Both boys love basic cheese quesadillas.
- Hamburgers or hot dogs – The Imaginative One loves hamburgers. – Get the 12 frozen hamburgers from Aldi. They are about $9 to $10. Those last for at least 2 to 3 meals. It takes about 5 minutes to cook on my indoor grill.
- Grilled cheese – I only like American cheese on grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Soy Sauce Pork Chops – Marinade them while at work – Cook them on the indoor grill in the evening. Get them when they are on sale.
- Steak – A very rare occurrence do I serve them steak.
- Roast and then hash – Roast would be more for Sunday dinner. Hash would be later in the week.
- Breakfast for dinner – We don’t eat a lot of breakfast foods in the mornings. We prefer it in the evening.
- Meatloaf or meatloaf muffins
- Sloppy Joes – Make ahead and freeze. Such an easy meal. Serve with French fries or chips and a raw veggie or a fruit.
- Brown sugar ham – The boys absolutely love this dinner.
- Roast chicken in the slow cooker or rotisserie chicken
- Chicken noodle soup
- Potato Soup
- Pulled Pork – Make ahead and freeze for a busy evening.
- Pork Roast
Here is a form that will help you make a list of family favorite meals. The form is very simple and allows for 10 meals to be listed. There is also an area for 5 meals that can be easily frozen.
Happy eating and meal planning,
One thought on “Favorite Meals 2019”