I’m sorry I’ve been AWOL for the past few days. I’ve been exhausted and had ZERO writing bug. Every time I thought about writing, I was like Nah!
So today I’m back with the writing.
On Thursday, I shared with you my favorite meat substitutes. Today I’m going to share one of the ways I use the meat substitute.
One of our favorite meals is sloppy Joes. So instead of eating Sloppy Joes with ground beef, I make mine with the meat substitute.
What you need:
- 1 batch of the meat substitute
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 sm. can of tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 sm. can of tomato sauce (8 oz)
- yealow mustard
- apple cider vinegar
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
-1 batch of the meat substitute 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil -1/2 bell pepper, finely diced -2 garlic cloves, minced -1 yellow onion, minced -1 sm. can of tomato paste (6 oz) -1 sm. can of tomato sauce (8 oz) -1 Tbsp. yellow mustard -2 tsp. apple cider vinegar -2 tsp. brown sugar -1 & 1/2 tsp. chili powder -salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, meat substitute, peppers, garlic, and onion. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the peppers and onions are tender.
- Turn the heat down to medium low heat. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, and spices. Stir until combined.
- Cover. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. While it’s simmering, make sure you stirring it every so often.
- Serve on a bun with cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Happy vegetarian eating,