This recipe is from my early marriage. It’s quick and easy to whip up and requires ingredients from your pantry.
It’s a very forgiving recipe so you can use whatever ingredients in your pantry.
Once or twice a month, I bulk cook hamburger so that I can use it in recipes. I then freeze it in 2 c. portions which is equivalent to a 1 pound of hamburger.
You can use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
For the seasoning, I use my taco seasoning. It’s got the right kind of spices for us since we don’t like spicy chili.
This recipe is naturally gluten free and dairy free unless you add cheese or sour cream to your soup.
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes or 2 cans (10 oz.) of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. (Medium low heat)
- Allow to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.