This could also be called “Clean Out My Fridge Frittata.” We had a potluck breakfast at church on Easter morning. I woke up that morning trying to decide what I wanted to bring to church. Nothing like waiting until the last moment.
I thought about how I had spinach in the fridge. It was at that moment I decided to make a frittata. The rest of the ingredients were in my fridge or pantry so it was easy to put together.
You ca certainly add more ingredients to the fritatta instead of just spinach, mushroom, and onion. It would be delicious with cubed zucchini (add with the rest of the veggies), cubed bell peppers (add with the rest of the veggies), and olives (add with the Feta cheese).
Italian Veggie Frittata
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. cubed mushrooms
- 1/2 large onion or 1 small onion, cubed
- 2 c. spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 c. milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. Feta cheese
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the veggies. Cook for 5 minutes or until the veggies are softened and the spinach is cooked down.
- While the veggies are cooking, combine the eggs, Italian seasoning, and milk in a medium bowl.
- Pour the milk mixture over the cooked veggies. Sprinkle with Feta cheese.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until the edges are cooked. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Place in preheated oven. Cook for 10 minutes or until the center is cooked.
- Allow to cool.