Green bean casserole is a frequent dish on many peoples’ Thanksgiving table. I’ve changed it up by using frozen green beans instead of canned green beans. So it has more of a fresh taste to it.
I’m going to cook it up in my casserole crock pot on Thanksgiving Day. Right before dinner, I’m going to place the crock in the oven to brown up the French onions.
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
Stars of the Recipe:
- 1.5 (10.75 oz) cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c. of milk
- 1 (6 oz.) can of French fried onions, divided in half
- 2 (12 oz.) bags of frozen green beans
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Add the green beans and half of the French fried onions. Stir to combine.
- Place in the crock sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook on high for 2 and 1/2 hours.
- Add the other half of the French fried onions.
- Place crock without lid in the oven preheated to the 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 10 minutes.