My absolute favorite breakfast besides granola and yogurt is sausage gravy and biscuits. Sometimes I treat myself to an order of them at our local farmer’s market.
Since I was on winter/Christmas break and life was back to normal or almost normal, I decided I needed to make some for Hubby and my lunch. The Wee One and the Imaginative One won’t touch the gravy with a ten foot pole.
So if you are looking for a delicious lazy Saturday type of breakfast, this recipe is for you.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 pound of bulk sausage
- 1/2 c. flour (I used whole white wheat)
- 4 c. milk or 2 c. milk and 2 c. half and half
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper and seasoning salt (or white salt) to taste
- Brown crumbled up sausage in a skillet on med. heat. Don’t drain the grease off.
- Add the flour and stir until all of the sausage is coated with flour.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet.
- Turn the heat up to high and allow the mixture to boil. (Keep an eye on the mixture.)
- After it boils, turn the heat down to med. low and allow to cook for 5 more minutes or until the gravy is thickened.
- Enjoy over biscuits! Some biscuit recipes from my blog are 7-up biscuits, buttermilk biscuits, or buttermilk biscuits revisited.