Here is another easy recipe that I found in my Evernote account.
This is an easy skillet dish. Enjoy with easy peasy garlic bread.
Sausage Skillet Pasta
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 box of penne pasta or any other small pasta
- 1 pound sausage (Italian, mild, or hot)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 c. sliced black olives
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. Italian cheese blend or Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook pasta following the directions on the box. (You can use any small shape)
- In a separate pan, brown sausage. (I used mild.)
- After it’s almost fully browned, add diced onions. Cook until the sausage is fully browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, and sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes and 1 Tbsp. Of Italian seasoning, and sliced black olives.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle Italian cheese blend or Parmesan cheese over pasta and sauce.