If I don’t prep my lunches, then I don’t eat well. My body is not nourished because I’m not eating anything that is good for me.
Anyone like cooked mushrooms like I do or is it just me?
Tips and Tricks:
I made a rice and quinoa mixture from Aldi’s as my grain. So simple and yummy! I had some left over from my prepping so I gave some to my Hubby for his soup that he was eating. He loved the rice/quinoa mixture. However you can use any grain you have at your house.
You can customize the recipe. I used zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions. You could use asparagus, carrots, or broccoli.
I used 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s as the seasoning. You could use your favorite seasoning blend or Italian seasoning instead of the 21 Seasoning salute.
I made Tahini dressing to go over my bowl once I warmed it up at school. Yummy! You can use the dressing or your favorite dressing.
Roasted Veggie Meal Prep
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. sliced mushrooms
- ½ c. sliced zucchini
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 sm. Onion, diced or ½ lrg. Onion, diced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. 21 seasoning salute or Italian seasoning
- 1 c. cooked quinoa or rice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut up the veggies. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle the seasoning over the veggie. Toss to coat.
- Place on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until veggies are softened.
- Remove from the oven.
- Once cooled, place ¼ c. of the quinoa and rice in a storage container. Top with ¼ of the roasted veggie mixture. Continue until you have made 4 containers of the roasted veggie and rice/quinoa.
- Use within 4 days.
- ¼ c. tahini
- ¼ c. water
- 2 & ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- Place all the ingredients in a blender jar or Mason jar.
- Blend until combine or shake the jar (with the lid on) until contents are combined.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
2 thoughts on “Roasted Veggie Meal Prep with Tahini Dressing”