I bought some eggnog to make eggnog bread. Since I had some of the eggnog left, I decided to find a recipe to make eggnog doughnuts. This recipe is moist and delicious. It paired well with my coffee flavored with my peppermint mocha creamer. It would also be delicious with my eggnog creamer.
To make the doughnuts, you need a doughnut pan.
adapted from Wonky Wonderful
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 lrg. egg
- 1/2 c. eggnog
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the egg and eggnog. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients until combined.
- Spray the doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- Fill the doughnut molds 2/3rds full. (Makes 6)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- Glaze the doughnuts once they are completely cooled. Or if you can’t wait, pour the glaze over the doughnuts.
Stars of recipe:
- 1/2 powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. eggnog
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth.
- Either dip the doughnuts into the glaze or pour over the doughnuts.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over the top.
This recipe made 6 full-size doughnuts. You could probably make 12 mini doughnuts with this recipe. You need to store the doughnuts in the fridge.