I’m finishing up my Christmas making and baking.
My mom called me last night to tell me that she was going to come over to our house for Christmas. It’s been many years since she’s been at our house for Christmas so it was a nice surprise. The one thing she’s asked for was homemade goodies. I’m almost finished with the Christmas making and baking. There is a few goodies left to make.
This eggnog bread was one of those things. It’s easy to put together and makes a lot.
Eggnog Quick Bread
adapted from Mommy’s Kitchen
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 3/4 c. eggnog
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini loaf pans (5).
- Beat the eggs.
- Add sugar, eggnog, butter, rum extract, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter. Mix well.
- Add the instant vanilla pudding.
- Pour into greased pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. (Mine took closer to 40 or so minutes.)
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on baking rack.