I’m enjoying making new creamers now that I got the ratio of milk/ half & half/ or heavy whipping cream to condensed milk.
This creamer needs to be warmed up so that the cocoa is dissolved. I ended up having to strain the non dissolved cocoa so there isn’t any lumps left in it.
As you can see from my pictures, some of the cocoa did not dissolve.
I like peppermint mocha lattes from Starbucks. However, they use WAY too much mocha in the lattes. This creamer allows me to have a peppermint mocha latte without the extra cost. Plus I can customize it to my liking.
Peppermint Mocha Creamer
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 c. condensed milk
- 1/2 c. milk, half and half, or whipping cream
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium high heat until the cocoa is dissolved. Five or so minutes.
- If the cocoa does not dissolve, strain the creamer to remove the lumps of cocoa.
- Enjoy 1 or 2 Tbsp. in a hot cup of coffee.