Have you ever walked around the mall and smelled the delicious smells of roasted pecans or almonds? Or walked around Walt Disney World and saw the carts of candied nuts? You can now make candied pecans and pretend to be in WDW.
Walt Disney World’s Cinnamon Candied Pecans
I made these many years ago as part of my Christmas-making and baking. However, I stopped making them because of family circumstances. Today I made them once again. Yum! My house now smells wonderful!
Candied Cinnamon Pecans
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 1/2 c. pecan halves
- 1 c. butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Toast the pecan halves for 3 to 5 minutes in a skillet.
- Remove the pecan from the pan.
- Add butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Cook until the sugar is syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Add the pecan and stir until the pecans are coated.
- Spread the pecans out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Remove and allow to cool. (The sugar mixture will harden as it cools.)
- Enjoy and pretend you are at Walt Disney World!
For more recipes and ideas for New Year’s Eve and Day, visit Monday Moms Mingle.
2 thoughts on “Candied Cinnamon Pecans – Christmas Making and Baking”