I’ve signed up for a 31-day writing challenge. Every day in October, I post a new slow cooker recipe, a link to a previously posted slow cooker recipe, or a recipe from another blog.
This pulled pork is super easy and only requires three ingredients.
I went on a field trip to the Freedom Center in Cincinnati yesterday. When I got home, I was exhausted, so having the pork in the slow cooker made having dinner easier. I shredded the pork and made some root beer barbecue sauce for the sandwiches. Imaginative One made some French fries to go with the sandwiches. The pulled pork sandwiches were such an easy dinner.
I ended up freezing the remaining pulled pork for future meals.
Easy Pulled Pork
adapted from Recipes that Crock
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 – 3 lb. pork tenderloin or shoulder butt pork roast
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- seasoning salt or favorite barbecue seasoning blend
- Place pork in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt or barbecue seasoning blend over the pork.
- Pour the chicken broth over the pork.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Enjoy buns with your favorite barbecue sauce. (I used my recipe for root beer barbecue sauce.)
A trick to shred up cooked-up pork quickly and efficiently
- Pull the cooked pork out of the slow cooker.
2. Place pork in a stand mixing bowl. Use the paddle to shred up the meat.
3. Put the shredded meat back in the slow cooker until you are ready to serve dinner.