I told my family I was going to do this challenge. They are very supportive of my taking on this challenge. In fact, Hubby decided to surprise me by changing the area where the crock pot is located. He didn’t like how it was in the back of the counter.
The meat on the cutting board is for a recipe I will post later in the week. The cans and boxes are for other meals this week.
Hubby even rearranged the coffee station on the counter. I’m so lucky to have a super supportive family.
This is the empty jar of apple butter that we got at the Apple Fest a week and a half ago. We really enjoyed the apple butter to the last drop. I made buttermilk biscuits last night to enjoy with the apple butter.
Now onto the slow-cooking recipe of the day:
I posted this recipe five years ago. I didn’t take pictures or good pictures when I started blogging. So I decided to repost this recipe with pictures.
Baked potatoes are an easy side dish. Or you could use the baked potatoes for dinner as a baked potato bar. Yum!
Last week, I cooked baked potatoes with a whole chicken. Hubby told me that he liked the texture of the potatoes. So that’s a win for me!
Hint: Don’t overcrowd the potatoes, so they cook evenly.
Stars of the Recipe:
- Russet potatoes (The quantity depends on your needs.)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash the potatoes and then poke them.
- Wrap each one of the potatoes in foil.
- Place potatoes in the crock pot.
- Put about 1 to Tbsp. of water in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Turn the crock pot on low and cook the potatoes for about 4.5 hours.
- When they are finished, unwrap them and put them in a bowl.
- Douse them with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) to lightly coat them.
- Sprinkle them with salt.
- Enjoy with your favorite baked potato toppings.
If you like this recipe, please visit my Facebook page and Pinterest board for the 31 days of slow cooking. I’m also starting another Pinterest board for slow cooker recipes.
11 thoughts on “31 Days of Slow Cooking (Day 6) – Baked Potatoes”
These sound wonderful and easy.
They are so easy. Have a great day!