As I stated in the blog entry about the ginger snaps, I’ve really been loving the flavors of gingerbread this holiday season. So when I decided to make some granola to give to friends and family members, I decided a gingerbread-flavored granola sounded yummy!
While the granola base was baking in the oven, I was on the phone with my mom. I asked her what add-ins I could use that would be yummy with the gingerbread flavor. It was decided that pecans or walnuts would be yummy, and cranberries or even raisins would also be yummy! I ended up putting pecans and cranberries. You could even put chocolate chips for a chocolate gingerbread flavor.
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 c. oatmeal (I used quick oats.)
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. molasses (Spray measuring spoon with cooking spray before measuring.)
- 1/4 c. honey (Spray measuring cup with cooking spray before measuring.)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. raisins or dried cranberries (I used cranberries.)
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans (I used pecans.)
- Optional: 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium measuring bowl, combine oatmeal and spices.
- In a small bowl, place coconut oil. Melt in microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the molasses and honey to the coconut oil.
- Pour over the oatmeal and spices. Stir until all of the oatmeal is combined.
- Place on a cooking sheet in a thin layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Place back into the oven.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Take it out of the oven.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before adding the raisins or cranberries and nuts.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with yogurt or milk!
One thought on “Gingerbread Granola”