I’ve mentioned how much I like a local Farmer’s Market called Second Street Market. One of the vendors has a delicious granola called Triple Treat Granola. It contains walnuts, cranberries, and melted white chocolate. I sent a container to my May and one to my June foodie pen pals. Both of them loved the granola:).
I’ve decided to recreate the granola and add another flavor element – coconut. It turned out delicious.
Adapted from Finding Joy in my Kitchen
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. Water
- 3/4 c. Brown sugar
- 5 c. Old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon (add more or less depending on your likes or leave it out)
- 1/4 c. Chopped walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 c. White chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. Dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. Dried sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a big saucepan, combine water, olive oil, and brown sugar. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oatmeal and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the oatmeal mixture to the saucepan. Stir each time you add some of the oatmeal. Make sure the water, olive oil, and brown sugar is evenly coated on the oatmeal. Take it off the heat.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and stir.
- Add walnuts to the granola. Place back in oven.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with a cup of the white chocolate chips.
- Put back in oven for a minutes.
- Take out of oven and stir the granola so the melted white chocolate gets all over the granola.
- Allow to cool and then add the remaining white chocolate chips, cranberries, and coconut.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Enjoy over yogurt, froyo, or by itself.