Jump to the recipe
You may noticed I’ve been on a taco kick lately. Youngest and I enjoy our tacos. Now that I’ve figured out the yummiest taco meat, I make it at least once a week.
During my weekly meal prep, I made extra of the taco meat and froze it in my Souper cubes. Yes, I got some of them and absolutely love them. This way the taco meat is ready to go if I want to eat nachos or just don’t feel like cooking.
What do I need for the recipe?
- ground beef – I know ground beef prices are expensive. Sometimes the family packs are cheaper. Get one of those, double or triple the recipe, and then freeze for later.
- taco seasoning – Homemade or store bought – My favorite is from a local place.
- onion, optional – You could also add some diced up bell peppers in the taco meat.
- salsa or fire roasted salsa style tomatoes – I found fire roasted salsa style tomatoes at my local grocery store. They add a certain flavor to the taco meat. If your store doesn’t have that type of tomatoes substitute salsa.
- Tortillas – Flour, corn, or hard taco shells – It doesn’t matter.
- Your favorite toppings: Cilantro, sour cream, lettuce, shredded cabbage, black beans or re-fried beans, jalapenos, tomato, cheese
Other uses for the taco meat
- Nachos – The meat would be delicious on nachos. Yum!
- Taco salad – Add some French, Catalina, or ranch dressing on top. Or you could skip the dressing and use salsa instead.
- Taco fries – Doesn’t that sound delicious? Or is it just me?
- Walking tacos – Fritos, taco meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.
2 thoughts on “Instant Pot Tacos”