Secret Recipe Club
This is the third time I’ve participated in the Secret Recipe Club. Each month, we are assigned a different blog. We look check out the blog and find a recipe to make, photograph, and then share.
This month I was assigned Morsels of Life. CJ likes recipes that are quick and easy which is good for me. I love quick and easy recipes also.
Top 5 Recipes that Interested Me
- Whipped Garlic Butter – I’ve always wanted to make whipped butter. Adding the garlic to the whipped butter would be a plus for Hubby. He loves anything garlic.
- Pecan Chia Pudding – I’ve been intrigued with chia seed pudding. This recipe sounds like a healthier version of pecan pie. Yum!
- Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Salad – I love cucumber salads; however, most of them have raw onions in it. This one does not have raw onions in it. It would be good as a side dish to an Asian dish. (I have a sensitivity to raw onions.)
- Roasted Broccoli – Roasted veggies are so delicious! Enough said.
- Spanish Okra – Hubby loves okra in veggie soup. Perhaps he would also like it prepared this way also. (Hubby’s mom is from Charleston, SC so he swears he is part southern. Okra is one of those southern foods he loves.)
What I decided to make from her blog
I finally decided on making a quick and easy Catalina dressing. Later this month, we are hosting a family dinner. One of our guests is vegan so I’ve decided on a taco salad bar for the family. I’m going to make taco meat with ground beef and a sweet potato and corn topping for the taco bar. We are also going to have a vegan salad dressing and Catalina dressing for the taco salad.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. Ketchup
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
- Combine all of the ingredients. (I put it into a mason jar.)
- Cover and shake until combined.
- Enjoy on your favorite lettuce salad!
For the other secret recipe blog posts: