I’ve got this recipe in an email a few years ago. I made them that Christmas. We loved them then so I decided to make them again this year.
The majority of the ingredients were bought at Save-A-Lot or Aldi’s which are discount supermarkets. The selection is limited there but you can save money while shopping.
Here is the breakdown of the ingredients:
- Frozen dinner rolls ($1.99 of 24 rolls) – $1.28 to $1.44
- Brown sugar – $0.25
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – $0.50
- Ground Cinnamon – $0.05
- Butter – $0.10
Total: $2.09 to $2.25 for the recipe
So this is a budget friendly breakfast. Add some bacon or sausage for protein with some fresh fruit for a more balanced breakfast.
You need to prepare this dish the night before so it has time to rise.
Shortcut Cinnamon Buns
Stars of the recipe:
- 16 to 18 unbaked frozen dinner rolls
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- ⅓ c. (6 Tbsp.) butter, melted
- Lightly grease a pie pan or muffin tin.
- Place frozen rolls into the pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, pudding mix, and cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter over the top.
- Cover with a clean, damp cloth.
- Leave overnight at room temperature to rise.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.