I’ve been loving peaches lately. When I had to decide on a midsummer treat, I thought peach crisp would be a great treat especially with homemade whipped cream.
This peach crisp is delicious! And simple to put together.
Stars of the recipe:
- 10 peaches, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. to 1/4 c. sugar (It depends on how sweet the peaches are if you need more or less peaches.)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbps. cinnamon, optional
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- Slice up the peaches and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the peaches.
- Stir so all of the peaches are covered with sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour into a 8 by 8 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drizzle honey over the peaches.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In another bowl, add the rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon, if using it.
- Using 2 knives and pastry knife, cut the butter into the oat mixture until pea sized and crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the topping is browned.
- Carefully remove from the oven.
- Enjoy with whipped cream or ice cream!
This month Laura of Baking in Pyjamas is hosting with the theme Midsummer. The challenge was to create a dessert of your choice which is Midsummer Eve themed, think any kind of summer fruit or an interpretation of what Midsummer means to you.
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
- Blueberry Slab Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Vanilla Custard by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries by Making Miracles
- Dark Berry Gelato by Baking in Pyjamas
- Egg Free Mint Gelato by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Kladdkaka by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mango Souffle by G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Nordic Walnut Cake with Coffee Icing by Food Lust People Love
- Simple Peach Crisp by Cooking with Traci
- Swedish Cheesecake with Strawberries by Caroline’s Cooking
Also shared at Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday.