Last month, I bought some peaches from the Peach Truck. I had to find different ways to use up the 25 pounds of peaches.
Simple Peach Crisp – Foodie Extravaganza
I’ve been loving peaches lately. When I had to decide on a midsummer treat, I thought peach crisp would be a great treat especially with homemade whipped cream.
This peach crisp is delicious! And simple to put together.
Stone Fruit Fruit Salad in a Glass Jar
Last weekend, I was perusing Pinterest looking for Mason Jar salad recipes. On one of the sites, I saw a suggestion that you could do the same sort of thing with fruit minus the dressing. I was intrigued, so I decided to try it.
I put those fruit salads together on Saturday afternoon, and they were still as good on Wednesday as they were on Saturday.
Stone Fruit Fruit Salad
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 oz. Mason jars (I made 5, so I needed 5 jars.)
- 1 med. plum
- 1 med. peach
- 1 med. nectarine
- Fruit Fresh
- Opt. You also could put apricots in it.
- Cut the plum, peach, and nectarine into bite-size pieces. (I wish I had a great cutting method around the stone.)
- Evenly place the pieces in the jars filling to the top.
- Sprinkle some Fruit Fresh over the fruit. (This prevents it from turning brown.)
- Place the lid on as tight as possible.
- Place it in the fridge until you are ready to eat it.
I added blueberries to this one.