This is an easy recipe for breakfast. You prepare it the night before and put in the fridge. The next morning, you pull it out of the fridge and then set it on the counter to allow for the oats to warm up a bit. That is unless you love the oats ice cold.
This is a versatile recipe. You can change it up depending on your imagination. I’m sharing you a version that uses blueberries and strawberries. The oatmeal is then topped with pecans.
Overnight Berry Oats
adapted from Skinny Taste
- 1/4 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. milk (skim, 2%, almond, soy, or coconut)
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. cut strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. or less honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon (more or less depending on your preferences)
- 1 Tbsp. nuts
- Combine the oats, milk, blueberries, strawberries, honey, chia seeds, and cinnamon in a jar.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Take out of the fridge and allow to take the chill off.
- Add nuts.
- Enjoy! (If you want, add Greek yogurt.)