Can you believe Easter is almost upon us? Neither can I.
I decided I wanted ham the other day for dinner. Instead of cooking it the typical way in the slow cooker, I decided to cook it it with apple cider. The Wee One told me that the ham tasted like applesauce. The Imaginative One took a huge slice and ate it all. I believe that this recipe is a keeper.
Apple Cider Ham (Slow Cooker)
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 to 5 lb. boneless ham
- 2 c. apple cider or apple juice
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (You can add more if you like the taste of cinnamon.)
- 2 tsp. cloves
- Place the ham in the slow cooker.
- Pour apple cider or apple juice over the ham.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Pat the mixture on the ham.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Here are more Easter recipes:
- Brown Sugar Ham
- Green beans, potatoes, and ham
- Ham and Black Bean Soup
- Ham and Pineapple Fried Rice
- Kool Aid Colored eggs
- Pinto Beans and Ham
- Resurrection rolls
- Split Pea Soup (Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker)
One thought on “Apple Cider Ham (Slow Cooker)”