This is one of my family’s favorite side dishes. When I make them, I get a yeah. The Wee One especially loves it when I serve either corn, peas, or mixed veggies with it because he will mix the veggies with the noodles. His dad also mixes his veggies with his rice and noodles so he comes upon it naturally.
It’s as simple as boiling up some noodles and then adding butter, cheese, and parsley.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 lb. of egg noodles (We use wide.)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- cooking water
- Cook up the egg noodles according to the package. Add salt when you put the egg noodles into the boiling water.
- Drain the noodles, reserving about 1/4 c. of the cooking water.
- Place the noodles back in the pot.
- Add the butter, cheese, parsley, and cooking water. Stir until the butter and cheese are melted.