A couple of days ago, Tiffany from Eat at Home posted a recipe for cranberry orange oatmeal cooked in the slow cooker. I’ve attempted to make oatmeal in the slow cooker and it did not turn out pretty. Most of it was wasted.
This recipe turned out great because I found a different way to cook the oatmeal in the slow cooker that did not burn or dry out the oatmeal. The result was creamy oatmeal that I did not have to add any liquid to it when I heated it up the next day!!!!!! :)
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 c, steel cut oats
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. sugar (I omitted this.)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c, dried cranberries
- Find a bowl that is big enough to hold the oatmeal but small enough to fit in the slow cooker. It also needs to be oven safe.
- Spray the bowl with cooking spray and add the ingredients.
- Place the bowl in the slow cooker.
- Pour water around a the bowl to create a water bath (an inch high). Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
BTW: I used a 6 quart slow cooker.