One of my favorite smoothies at Tropical Smoothie is the Blimey Limey. It has strawberries, limes, oranges, and pineapples. I love the tang of the limes in the drink. So when I found a recipe for a smoothie that used limes, I was had to try it out. Delicious!
After drinking it, I was super energized. In fact one of my students mentioned I was hyper. I don’t know if it was from the smoothie or from the two cups of coffee I had that morning. (Didn’t sleep well the night before.)
Key Lime Smoothie
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. key lime juice (about 4 limes) – I microwaved mine for about 10 secs. to maximize the amount of juice.
- 1 tsp. key lime zest
- 1 c. unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract (I omitted this because I used vanilla almond coconut milk.)
- 1 tbsp. stevia
- 1 tbsp. sunflower butter
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 4 ice cubes
- crushed graham cracker pieces (optional) – Leave off if gluten free or use a gluten free graham cracker.
- Cool Whip or something similar (optional) – Leave off if dairy free or use coconut cream instead.
- Place in your blender in the order of the ingredients listed, blend until smooth.
- Top with crushed graham crackers and Cool Whip, if desired.
This made 2 smoothies for me.