My husband loves Chinese food and had been craving some when I had planned to make stir fry. So he was excited when I told him that it was for dinner.
Since I don’t have much time to cook dinner before I have it on the table, I cut the pieces smaller, especially the broccoli. My husband does not like broccoli but eats it when I cut it into smaller pieces.
The Wee One made chopsticks out of two spoons during dinner to scoop up the food better. It was so funny! (I wish I got a picture of how he ate dinner.)
This meal can be adapted to your likes.
Pork (or Chicken) Stir Fry
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. pork chops or chicken, chopped into smaller pieces
- 3 c. vegetables, diced into smaller pieces (Examples: celery, carrots (peeled first), onions, peas (do not dice), broccoli) – Use your imagination and clean out your vegetable drawers
- 1/4 c. soy sauce (I used low sodium.)
- 2 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated garlic or 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat up 1 Tbsp. Of oil in a saute pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated up, add the pork or chicken Cook the pork or chicken until no longer pink (5 to 10 minutes)
- Once the pork or chicken is cooked, remove from the pa Tent a piece of foil over it to keep it warm.
- Add another 1 Tbsp. Of oil to pa Add the diced veggies except for the pea Cook until softened. (5ish minutes)
- Place the pork or chicken back in the pan with the veggie Add the peas, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic Cook for a few minutes longer.
- Serve over rice.
- Enjoy with a fortune cookie!
2 thoughts on “Pork (or Chicken) Stir Fry”