Jump to recipe
I love chicken wings. If you were to ask me what my comfort food is currently, I would tell you chicken wings without a doubt. Getting them at a restaurant is often expensive, so it’s more economical to make them at home coated with your favorite seasoning and covered with your favorite barbecue sauce.
My favorite seasoning is from a local shop. Rosebuds is located at the 2nd Street Market, a local farmer’s market/ artisan shop. My seasoning is the Campfire Rub which reminds me of cooking over an actual campfire. Yum!
I just get a bottle of honey barbecue sauce from Aldi. Youngest and I just like a basic barbecue sauce. I also like a Carolina type of barbecue sauce.
I’m not good at explaining how to cut up the chicken wings. I know I’m not the best at it. So I did what I do best, I googled how to cut up the chicken wings properly. Click here for the directions and then return to my blog for the recipe.
What to Serve with the chicken wings
Salad (greens, veggie or fruit, topping) with a dressing
Cooked frozen or canned veggies
Chips, French fries, or Tater Tots – Our favorite is the seasoned Tater Tots from Alexa foods.
Celery or carrots with ranch or bleu cheese – Classic choice
Stars of the recipe
- 1 – 1 lb. chicken wings split
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. your favorite spice
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 425 degrees.
- Combine the split chicken wings, olive oil, and spices. In a sealed container or gallon sized bag.
- Shake to distribute the spices and olive oil onto the chicken wings.
- Put into the Air Fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Enjoy with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Here is the link to how to split your chicken wings.