This is my third week of posting Christmas cookie recipes. This week’s recipe is another favorite of the Imaginative One. My mother-in-law adores these. What’s not to love about them? Peanut butter and chocolate is delicious together.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Stars of the recipe:
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from the chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into the center of each cookie; the cookie will crack around the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Other Christmas cookie recipes: Mock Thin Mints and Snickerdoodles
This post has been linked to Delicious Dishes. and Eat at Home.
10 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Blossoms”
Anything studded with a Hershey’s Kiss is good! These are great cookies. Thanks for linking up!