I’m teaching my students how to write narratives, so I’ve been doing a lot of model writing for them. A good narrative has a hook that makes the reader want to read your story. This is a skill that I struggle with when I’m writing my blog posts.
However, it is important for a writer to have a hook to get the reader to read what you have written.
Like a writer needs a hook, sometimes you need a beef taco. Since I’m a vegetarian, I don’t have the typical beef taco.
I’ve tried TVP, which is textured vegetable protein but usually turns into a brown soupy mess. Yuck! Not appetizing.
Then I tried the Beefless Ground Beef along with their soy chorizo. It’s just the right texture.
“Beef” tacos get into my belly.
What you need:
- a third of a package of Trader Joe’s “beefless” ground beef
- a third of a package of Trader Joe’s soy chorizo
- a third of a jar of Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/3 of a package of Trader Joe’s “beefless” ground beef
- 1/3 of a package of Trader Joe’s soy chorizo; make sure to take off the casing
- 1/3 of a jar of Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce (You may need a little more than the third.)
- Tortillas (hard or soft)
- Your favorite toppings
- Combine the “beetles” ground beef, soy chorizo, and enchilada sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until heated through. Add more sauce if it’s not coated enough.)
- Enjoy on a tortilla with your favorite toppings.
This recipe is vegan before you add your toppings.
Happy vegetarian eating,
One thought on “Sometimes You Need “Beef” Tacos – Day 6 of 31”