I’ve began to get Misfit Market veggies and fruits during the Quarantine. It was easier to make sure I had fresh veggies and fruit. This past week I received about 6 sweet potatoes, so I decided to make a roasted sweet potato taco for lunch.
If you want to make this Gluten-Free, you can use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. It’s your choice which type of tortilla you want to use for your taco. This recipe is easily vegan if you don’t use any cheese or sour cream on the taco. Instead use avocado for the creaminess of cheese or make cashew sour cream to put on the taco.
This recipe is easily adaptable for what you like.
What you need to make the recipe:
- sweet potatoes
- avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- taco seasoning – Homemade or storebought
- tortillas – corn or flour
- refried beans – The one from Trader Joes is vegan.
- Optional toppings: lime, sour cream, avocado, cheese (Cotija or Feta), cilantro, salsa
When I made mine, I topped it with lime, Feta cheese, salsa, and cilantro.
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 pounds of sweet potato, cubed into 1 to 1.5-inch sized pieces (peeled or unpeeled)
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning – Homemade or storebought
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. refried beans warmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cube the sweet potato. Place the sweet potato into a large bowl and drizzle the oil on the sweet potato cubes.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the sweet potatoes. Stir until all the pieces are coated with the seasoning.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Warm up the beans in the microwave or on the stove. Spread on the tortilla.
- Top with sweet potato and your favorite toppings.
Other taco recipes: