Original: 10/7/ 18
While I was sick with my gallstones last year, I had one food that did not bother my stomach. Okay, it did bother me if it was greasy, but if it was cooked with no oil or grease, I had little to no problems.
Potatoes were my friend during those 4 months. I would spiralize potatoes and then cook up like hash browns on the stove.
That is until I started to cook the home fries in my oven. We love a roasted potato in the household, so this made things much easier.
Hubby might debate if these potatoes are better than the ones we get at a local breakfast place called Butter Cafe. He adores their home fries.
What you need:
- 2 red potatoes or 4 to 5 baby red potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
- garlic powder or your favorite seasoning
Better than Restaurant Oven Home Fries
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 red potatoes, cubed or 4 to 5 baby red potatoes, quartered, or even cut into eighths
- 1/2 to 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 to 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. Extra olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder or your favorite seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the potatoes, bell pepper, and onion on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil over the veggies. Using clean hands or a spatula, ensure the veggies are covered with the oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the veggies.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 425 degrees.
I enjoy using the onion salt from Trader Joe’s on my potatoes.
We love to use sriracha ketchup from Red Gold on our fries and roasted potatoes.
This recipe is not only vegetarian but also vegan. Score!
Happy vegetarian eating,