Welcome to Day 24 of 31 Days of Slow Cooking.
Today we are going to continue with the photos from the Donut Trail.
After Kelly’s Donuts, we went to downtown Hamilton. We found the mural dedicated to Robert McCloskey.
Here are other photos of downtown Hamilton. Some of the architecture is interesting so I quickly snapped photos as we drove by the buildings.
Next up was Martin’s Donuts in Trenton.
It was a cute pink building.
Our last stop was Milton’s Donuts in Middletown. It was the closest donut shop to our house.
The boys wanted Buckeyes instead of donuts, so we allowed them to get the Buckeyes.
We had a lot of fun doing the donut trail.
What a wonderful way to enjoy a beautiful fall Saturday.
Mom and I went on a big grocery shopping this weekend so I was able to menu plan for the next two and half weeks. Yeah, me!
Week of October 23, 2016
Soup Sunday – Unstuffed Cabbage Soup or Stuffed Pepper Soup
(I sent some of the soup home with mom for future meals.)
Chicken, mac and cheese, and veggies
(I’ve got parent teacher conferences so I made sure Hubby had food for the boys.)
Breakfast for dinner – Eggs, Sausage Patties, and Hash browns
Meatloaf Muffins, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies
(I’ve got parent teacher conferences once again so I made sure Hubby had food for the boys.)
BBQ Chicken Wings, Periogies, Veggies
Out of town – McDonald’s for the boys with their grandma
Out of town
I made this delicious treat in my casserole slow cooker. Such a yummy dessert.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 ½ sticks of butter, softened (¾ c.)
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 egg (poke the yolk with a fork)
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 oz.) jar of lemon curd
- ¼ c. of powdered sugar
- Spray the crock with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt with a hand held mixer or an electric mixer.
- Add the egg. Mix completely.
- Slowly add the flour until a dough is formed.
- Press the dough in the crock until an even layer is formed.
- Pour the lemon curd over the dough. Spread it over the dough.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours on high.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
- Allow to cool.
One thought on “Lemon Bar (Day 24)”