I started back to work last Wednesday. Since I know life can get crazy when I’m at work, I decided I needed to make some freezer meals. I cooked up some hamburger in the slow cooker. Some of the cooked up hamburger became taco meat for the freezer. The Wee One loves tacos so he’s going to be super excited to have tacos in the freezer.
I also got some chicken tenderloins in order to make freezer crock pot kits for later.
- 2 bags of pesto ranch chicken
- 1 bag of the world’s best chicken
- 1 bag of Cafe Rio chicken
These recipes will be shared in October during the 31 days of slow cooking if the family enjoys them.
I’m going to be so glad to have freezer meals in case I don’t feel like having what’s on our menu.
What are your favorite freezer meals?
I love this salad. It’s so delicious and simple to put together. Even though the recipe calls for green onions, I typically leave them out because raw onions bother my stomach.
Recipes that are simple to put together are a win in my book.
Asian Ramen Coleslaw
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (16 oz.) bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 c. sunflower seeds without shells
- 1 c. sliced almonds
- 2 (3 oz.) bags ramen, crushed
- 5 stalks of scallions or green onions
- ¾ c. vegetable or canola oil
- ⅓ c. white vinegar
- ½ c. white sugar
- Combine coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, almonds, crushed ramen, and scallions or green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, vinegar, and white sugar. Whisk together. (Sugar might not completely dissolve.)
- Pour the oil mixture over the coleslaw mixture. Mix until all ingredients are coated.
- Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours or more.
- Enjoy cold or at room temperature!
Adapted from table of two
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.