I found this recipe a few months ago. Since then, I’ve made it several times for our Sunday dinners.
I love the recipe because it takes about 25 minutes to cook. Most of the time cooking is hands off so you can work on other parts of the meal.
The ingredients for this recipe are simple. So this recipe is a winner in my book – simple and easy.
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 c. corn (fresh or frozen)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ c. butter (half of a stick)
- ½ c. water
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ c. milk
- In a large skillet, mix together sugar, butter, and water.
- Add the corn. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour with the milk. Blend until smooth.
- After the corn is done simmering, reduce heat to low. Stir in flour and milk mixture.
- Cook for five more minutes, stirring constantly.
Adapted from New South Charm
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.