My family loves fried chicken especially Kentucky Fried Chicken. It’s not healthy to eat KFC though. So when I found this recipe back in February, I was super excited. It’s a little bit healthier because you bake the chicken instead of frying it in oil.
Prep is quick. There are very ingredients used in this recipe. The cooking time though would make this chicken dish when you have more time.
We have had it 3 times for Sunday dinners. Each time, my guests have enjoyed the fried chicken. In fact, my son’s godfather ate two pieces of the chicken when he came to visit us for the Imaginative One’s birthday.
You could make this gluten free by using a gluten free flour blend instead of using all-purpose flour.
Oven “Fried” Chicken
Stars of the recipe:
- About 8 pieces of chicken thighs with skin
- 3 c. flour (I used all-purpose.)
- Salt, pepper, and paprika (About a tablespoon of each.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place flour in a ziploc bag. Add the chicken. Shake well until the chicken is coated.
- Place the chicken skin side down in a greased 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika on each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Flip each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with more seasonings.
- Place back in oven to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with more salt.
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.
Adapted from Kleinworthco.com