The Imaginative One loves the color green. Once he was old enough to chose his own ice cream flavor, he would chose mint chocolate chip ice cream. For five or so years, he would only eat with mint chocolate chip ice cream. In recent years, his choice of ice cream flavors is more diverse.
The new trend is no churn ice cream. No churn ice cream does not involve using an ice cream machine. It uses a combination of condensed milk and whipping cream to make a delicious ice cream.
I decided to try making some no churn ice cream. Since the Imaginative One loves mint chocolate chip ice cream, I decided to try make that flavor for my first batch. Oh, my goodness. It was absolutely divine. Hubby, my mother-in-law, and I all agree that it was a very creamy ice cream.
So on this hot summer day, take some time out and make yourself some no churn ice cream.
I also have a recipe for cream soda ice cream on this blog. That ice cream requires an ice cream maker.
Mint Chocolate Chip No Churn Ice Cream
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (14 oz.) can of condensed milk
- 2 tsp. Mint or peppermint extract
- 5 drops of green food dye
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream, cold
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the condensed milk, extract, and food dye. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream using an electric mixer or hand mixer. Beat it for 3 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipping cream into the condensed milk mixture. Stir until the majority of the lumps are gone.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture in a freezer friendly container. Place a piece of wax paper over the mixture.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.