This is our family’s favorite ice cream that my in-laws make. They only make it for special occasions. At the end of the school year, my mother-in-law contacts my sons’ teachers and asks if they mind her bringing some ice creams to share with their classmates. It is a way for them to celebrate their birthdays because they both have summer birthdays.
Warning: You need an ice cream machine to make this.
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 liters of red cream soda (You can use other flavors of pop Lemon-lime soda is yummy, but root beer tastes flat.)
- Combine the cream soda and sweetened condensed milk in the ice cream machine.
- Follow the instructions for your machine.
- Put it in a freezer-safe container in your freezer.