The Imaginative One has gone to two camps. Since the camps, I’ve volunteered to pick up the Imaginative One and one of his friends from the first camp so we can drive them up to the second camp. Hubby and I are going to be going on a small road trip this weekend.
I’m going to be needing healthy snacks for the road trip. I’ve wanted to make these blueberry muffin energy balls for a while so I whipped them up. Boy am I glad I made the energy balls. It’s like a small blueberry muffin without all the guilt.
These would be a great breakfast or snack.
Blueberry Muffin Energy Balls
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 c. nuts (I used almonds and cashews.)
- 1 c. dried blueberries
- 1 c. dates
- juice of half lemon (2 Tbsp. lemon juice)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut (or more)
- In your food processor, process the nuts until they are pea sized.
- Add the blueberries and dates. Process until the blueberries and dates are broken down and sticky.
- Add the juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Process until the ingredients form a sticky ball.
- Roll into small balls. Garnish the balls with shredded coconut. (I used my small cookie scoop to make the balls so they were uniform in size.)
- Place in the fridge to set up.
- Store in the fridge for about a week or freeze the balls.
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.
adapted from the Healthy Maven