Quick and Easy
Apple bites are quick to put together. All you need to do is slice up the apple, spread the apple slices with a nut butter, and then top the apple slices. Yum! Such a healthy snack depending on what you put on top of the apple slices.
These apple slices were topped with almond butter, coconut shreds, and cacao powder.
Cacao powder is cold roasted cacao beans. The cacao butter is removed during the process. It’s the purest form of chocolate.
Cacao powder is full of antioxidants and magnesium.
I find my cacao at my local health store. I’ve even seen a bag of it at Target.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 medium sized eating apple (I like gala, honeycrisp, or granny smith.)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. almond butter
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Wash and cut the apple into 8 slices.
- Spread about 1 tsp. of almond butter on each apple slice.
- Sprinkle each apple slice with 1 tsp. coconut and 1 tsp. cacao powder.