Stars of the recipe:
- 2 to 4 chicken breasts (depends on the size of the chicken breast – Mine were huge so I used only 2.)
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow, red, or orange pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, cut into rings
- ¼ c. water
- 2 Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning or storebought fajita seasoning packet
- Place chicken breasts in a 4 quart crockpot.
- Place peppers and onions over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning or fajita seasoning over the chicken and veggies.
- Pour water over the chicken and veggies.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Serve on a tortilla with cheese and sour cream.