This recipe made its rounds on Facebook last December. When I made it last year, the boys absolutely loved it.
Today I made a batch, and the Wee One told me it was as good as last year. Score!
Lumps of Coal
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 package of Oreos (or 36 Oreos), crushed
- 5 c. mini marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Crush Oreos and then place them in a big bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and marshmallows in a big pot.
- Add the crushed Oreos.
- Mix the Oreos and melted butter, and marshmallow mixture until combined.
- Place the mixture in an 8 by 8 pan sprayed with cooking spray. (I sprayed cooking spray on my clean hand before pressing the mixture down. You can also use a spoon sprayed down with cooking spray.)
- Allow the mixture to set for 1/2 hour before cutting it into squares.
3 thoughts on “Lumps of Coal – Christmas Making and Baking”