I’ve signed up for a 31-day writing challenge. Every day in October, I post a new slow cooker recipe, a link to a previously posted slow cooker recipe, or a recipe from another blog.
On Friday, Wee One and I went to a bonfire. Since we were going to be eating yummy food there, I planned to have a light dinner, so we were NOT too full. So I chose to make tomato soup and grilled cheese. Yum!
The Wee One and I had fun at the bonfire. I made some Boo Mix to share. It was a big hit with everyone who tried it.
The adults sat with the adults and chit-chatted. The kids ran around caring for people and going on hay rides. I did go on one of the hay rides and screamed during the whole ride, even though it wasn’t really that scary.
Now onto the recipe:
Crockpot Tomato Soup
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 (15 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- salt and pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until the onion is translucent.
- Place onion and garlic in the crock.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours. Stir.
- Add bread to the soup. Stir. Allow cooking for 10 minutes.
- Blend in small batches in a blender or use an immersion blender.
- Put back in the crock and add cream.
- Let cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with grilled cheese or crackers.
Click on this link to check out the rest of the recipes I’ve shared during this challenge.
Oh, and please check back during the first week of November. I’m planning a small giveaway. No, it is not a crock pot. More information will be forthcoming about the giveaway.