I’ve signed up for a 31-day writing challenge. Every day in October, I post a new slow cooker recipe, a link to a previously posted slow cooker recipe, or a recipe from another blog.
Can you believe this is the 27th day of the writing challenge? I can’t believe it, either.
Tonight I asked the family what they thought of the challenge so far. The Imaginative One told me that it’s as though everything is normal. The family is fed and happy, so that is normal. I don’t have to worry about rushing home from work because I know dinner will be ready. Those are both winners in my book.
My mother-in-law has also been happy about the challenge because she hasn’t had to make a Sunday dinner recently. I’ve been making the dinners to test new recipes.
On Sunday, I invited my mother-in-law and a member of our church over for Sunday dinner. I cooked a pre-Thanksgiving dinner – turkey, green bean casserole, rolls, homemade applesauce, and dessert. I was in the mood for cherry crisp, so I tried to cook it in the crock pot. The cherry crisp was delicious!
My mother-in-law and F. loved the crisp.
I had more on Monday, and it was even better than on Sunday.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (15 oz) can of cherry pie filling
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 chopped pecans
- 1/3 butter, softened, cut into small pieces
- Spray a 2 or 3-quart crock with cooking spray.
- Pour the cherry pie filling into the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, add the other ingredients (topping) except for the butter. Mix.
- Cut the butter into the topping ingredients using 2 knives, a pastry blender, or your hands until crumbly.
- Drop the topping over the cherry pie filling.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours until bubbly.
- Enjoy with ice cream or homemade whipped cream!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it on Facebook or Pinterest. Here is a link to my Facebook page and my Pinterest page.
To check out the rest of the recipes I’ve shared during this challenge, click on this link.
2 thoughts on “Cherry Crisp (Day 27)”