So last week, I had my blender cup washed after making a smoothie. The Wee One and the Imaginative One put away the dishes after the dishwasher was finished. Somehow my blades got put into the silverware/ utensil drawer (double drawer), and the band that held the blade was missing. I had been craving a smoothie but couldn’t make one because of the missing piece. 😦
Today the Wee One found the piece in our cereal/ plastic ware cabinet, so I decided to make the smoothie I had been craving. I had bought some fresh cranberries today, so I decided to put them in the smoothie. Yum!!! Since I didn’t put any sugar in the smoothie, it turned out tart, but that’s okay with me. If you make this, you may want to put some sweetener in it if you don’t like tart flavors.
This smoothie is called tastes of Thanksgiving green smoothie because I love eating cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving and the flavors of this smoothie remind me of cranberry sauce.
Tastes of Ta hanksgiving Green Smoothie
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/4 c. fresh cranberries, washed
- 1/4 c. frozen strawberries
- 2 c. greens (I used power greens – kale, spinach, and Swiss chard.)
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- water if you need more liquids (add a little at a time)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. of your favorite sweetener (more or less depending on your taste buds.)
- Add all the ingredients to your blender cup.
- Blend together on the smoothie setting until blended together.
- Pour into a cup.