We love eating different jams, jellies, and fruit butter around here. It’s usually just Hubby and me that do that. Sometimes the Wee One will also try a new flavor of jelly. The Imaginative One loves only grape jelly, and don’t you dare try to get him to eat something different. He’s not adventurous with his eating.
I had bookmarked this recipe last year and refound it today. Since I was going to the grocery store, I got all the ingredients and made a batch. Yum! And easy!!!
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
Adapted from Skinny Taste
Stars of the recipe:
- 29 oz. can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie blend)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract (omitted it, and it was fine)
- 3/4 c. apple juice or cider (I used cider.)
- 2 – 3 cinnamon sticks (I used Chinese 5 spice, so I omitted this.)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 -2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice, to taste (I used Chinese 5 spice instead.)
- Combine the ingredients in a med. to lrg. Size saucepan. Stir well.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook it for 30 to 45 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- If needed, add more spices.
- Enjoy the pumpkin butter on your favorite bread, biscuit, or oatmeal! (I’ll share what I did with mine later.)
I froze 1/2 of the pumpkin butter, and the other I put in the fridge to eat on my fav. Ciabatta bread.
5 thoughts on “Homemade Pumpkin Butter”
I love pumpkin butter but I’ve never made it before.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was. I had it simmering while I was getting all the ingredients mixed for the cake I was making.