Last week, I took the boys to Mcdonald’s so they could try the Shamrock shake. Both of them loved it! This week I decided to make my own version. Ice cream was on sale for a pint. Can’t beat a dollar for a pint!
It’s so simple to make. Just put the ingredients in the blender and blend away.
While they were enjoying their treat, I enjoyed my St. Patty’s smoothie. The recipe is to come later.
Anticipating his first taste
Homemade “shamrock” shake
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- 3-4 drops of green food coloring
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/2 c. Milk (more or less depending on preference)
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend away.
The Imaginative One says it would be better with whipped cream.
Oh, this recipe makes 2 shakes or one big one.
4 thoughts on “Homemade “shamrock” shakes (GF)”