When I saw the “recipe” for these, I decided I needed to try to make them because they looked so easy and delicious. Boy, am I glad I did. They turned out super yummy, and they are an easy enough recipe that even the boys can help me with making them. The other positive thing is that you only need three ingredients.
The boys really like the M&M version. In fact, I needed to lock the deep freezer so that the Wee One wouldn’t get into them. I think these are his favorite of all the candies I’ve made.
Stars of the recipe:
- Either pretzel twists or waffle pretzels
- Rolo candies
- M&M’s or pecan halves
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Place whole pretzels on the foil in a straight line.
- Place a Rolo flat-side down on the pretzel.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 4 minutes.
- Carefully pull out the oven and place either an M&M or a pecan half on the melted Rolo.
- Allow the turtle to cool, place it in a plastic bag and store it. I froze mine, and they did fine.
7 thoughts on “Rolo turtles”