I’ve begun my Christmas Making and Baking 2016. When I found this recipe, I decided to make it since it looked so simple to put together.
While I was waiting to put the white drizzle on the pretzels the Wee One wandered into the kitchen. He decided he needed to taste the pretzels. The Wee One told me how much he loved the taste of the pretzels. He helped me put the drizzle on top of the pretzels. When I was packing up the pretzels, we put the pretzels into two containers. One was for later and the other was for he and his brother to snack on.
Later on in the day, we made another two batches of cinnamon sugar pretzels for a cookie/ treat exchange Hubby was going to attend. The Wee One helped me with making those two batches. He told me that he wanted to know how to make cinnamon sugar pretzels. The Wee One enjoyed making the cinnamon sugar pretzels.
The cinnamon sugar pretzels are easy to put together. When we did the white chocolate DRIZZLE, we used a baby spoon to do the drizzle.
I also used a large 8 cup measuring cup to make the pretzels. It was the perfect size
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (16 – 18 oz) bag of pretzels
- 2/3 c. oil (I used canola.)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- Prepare two cookie sheets by covering them with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add the pretzels.
- Stir until all the pretzels are coated.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes. Stir.
- Divide them between the two cookie sheets. Make sure the pretzels are in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- While the pretzels are cooling, melt the white chocolate in the microwave. (70% power, 1 minute, stir, if not melted – continue at 70% power 30 second intervals until melted.)
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the pretzels.
- Allow to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.