These delicious oats are creamy and delicious. Sort of like a pudding in a jar but for breakfast. Full of protein and whole grains that will keep you full until lunch time.
Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. rolled oats
- 1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. chia seed
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Combine all ingredients in a pint sized Mason Jar.
- Put the lid on the Mason Jar.
- Shake to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Pull out of the fridge in the morning to allow for it to warm up a bit.
Sunday Prep – Menu #1
Now I’m going back to work, I need to be on the top of my game with prepping for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks for the work week. I’ve created an easy menu of possible breakfasts, lunches, and snacks.
Breakfast, Lunches, and Snacks (Work Week)
- Chocolate Almond Overnight Oatmeal (2 Breakfasts) with Seasonal Fruit
- Dole Whip Smoothie with Cheese Cubes (3 Breakfasts) (Make these and put them in the freezer. Pull out the night before.)
- Mason Jar Salads (5 Salads) – I use wide mouth pint size jars for my salads. (These should last until Friday.)
- Pita Chips with Hummus (5 (4 oz) Jars) with 5 snack sized bags of pita chips
- Seasonal Fruit
- Carrots with Ranch Dip Cups (5 (8 oz) jars) – Place the ranch in the bottom of the jar. Place the carrots standing up in the jar.
- Almonds (20 Almonds per Bag)
- Hard boiled eggs (Make them in the oven or in the pressure cooker)
You can swap out the veggies in your dip cup. If you don’t like carrots, you could use celery or even bell pepper strips. You could cut up cucumber and then place a few slices of cucumbers in bags with small 4 oz containers of ranch dip.
You could also swap out the nuts. If you don’t like almonds, use a nut you like. I tried to make it 100 calories so Google how many nuts per bag would be approximately 100 calories.
For the breakfasts, I put cheese cubes. You can use whatever kind of cheese you would like or you could certainly have a piece of string cheese. I was trying to work in some protein with the breakfast.
Switch up your salads for the Mason Jar salads. Follow the link for the order the ingredients should be put into the Mason Jar so they can stay fresh throughout the week. If you want to kick up the protein a bit with your Mason Jar, add some quinoa or even some meat. The protein will help you stay fuller longer. Hint: Make sure you bring a bowl with you to put the salad in so that you can eat it.
I’m storing my food in Mason Jars or sandwich bags.
I hope you enjoy this meal prep for the week. Stay tuned for more.
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.